- Apply Before
- Exam Date
- Himachal Pradesh High Court..
- 21 Aug 17
- Nagaland Police Recruitment..
- 31 Aug 17
- Indo Tibetian Border Police..
- 22 Sep 17
- Jharkhand Public Service Co..
- 08 Sep 17
- Haryana Staff Selection Com..
- 05 Oct 17
- Intelligence Bureau Recruit..
- 02 Sep 17
- Nagpur Metro Rail Corporati..
- 29 Aug 17
- Eastern Railway Recruitment..
- 04 Sep 17
- West Central Railway Recrui..
- 04 Sep 17
- Konkan Railway Corporation ..
- 23 Aug 17
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note..
- 15 Sep 17
- Bank of India Recruitment 2..
- 14 Aug 17
REFINE JOB SEARCH
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016: Apply Online for 208 Posts
Posted on: 29 Feb 16
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released notification for conducting Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 for the recruitment of 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) vacancies in the Geological Survey of India, Central Ground Water Board. Eligible candidates may apply online from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 23:59 hrs.
Starting Date to Apply Online: 06 February 2016
Last Date for Payment of Fee using Pay by Cash Mode: 03 March 2016 by 23:59 hrs
Last Date to Apply Online: 04 March 2015 by 23:59 hrs
Last Date for Payment of Fee using Debit/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking: 04 March 2015 by 23:59 hrs
Date of Competitive Examination: 13 May 2016
Date of Verification of Documents: July/ August, 2016
Total No. of Posts: 208
Name of the Exam: Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016
Name of the Posts:
1. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts
i. Geologist, Group A: 121 Posts
ii. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 Posts
iii. Chemist, Group A: 29 Posts
2. Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts
i. Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A: 02 Posts
Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21-32 years for Category I posts, 21-35 years for Category II posts as on 01-01-2016. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Master’s Degree in Geological Science/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo-Exploration for Geologist, M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ M.Sc (Geophysics) for Geophysicist, M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry for Chemist, Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology for Junior Hydrogeologist.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on Written examination, Interview/ Personality Test.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. No fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Female candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.upsconline.nic.in from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 23:59 hrs.
- UPSC Recruitment 2016 – 17 Medical Officers, Junior Scientific Officers & Various Posts
- UPSC Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination (II) 2016 Notification – 413 Vacancies
- UPSC Recruitment 2016 – 289 Junior Works Managers, Senior Scientific Assistant & Other Vacancies
- UPSC Recruitment 2016 – 44 Statistical Investigators, Veterinary Officers & Other Posts